Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Caramel Grasshopper {icecream}

If you could not already tell, I am obsessed with {CARAMEL}

Put Caramel in any dessert and it automatically makes it better! At least thats what I live by.

I would like to introduce the easiest, but yummiest ice cream dessert you will ever make!


Best Part: {you only need 3 ingredients!}


mint chocolate chip icecream, caramel, oreos


In a food processor, blender or good old fashioned smashing by hand-take 1/2 a package of Oreos (or 1 1/2 sleeves) and crumble well (the smaller the chunks for the bottom layer, the better. I am sure you could use either regular or double stuffed.  I have only used regular, but I bet if you use double stuffed the crust might stick together better.


The Ingredients

Place crumbs in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Using your caramel sauce (and Smuckers really is the best tasting and easiest to use) cover the entire surface area of the Oreo crumbs.

Open your ice cream container (I love using the cardboard containers that you can completely rip open because you can then slice your ice-cream like you would a loaf of bread-it makes life much easier) and layer using entire ice cream container.

Then crumble the rest of the oreo package (or 1 1/2 sleeves of oreos).  Layer on top of the ice cream and then coat with caramel syrup. Freeze until serving!

Make sure you make this dessert ahead of time to give it time to set back up in the freezer! 



I have eaten this dessert year around!  Ice cream is always so delish for the summer months, but somehow the minty-ness of it makes me think of the winter holidays.

Anytime I have served this dessert I get a TON of compliments.  In fact, my hubby who doesn't even like mint desserts-LOVES this ice cream dessert!  


{And if you don't even want to take the time to make a full on dessert, but just want a late night treat all to yourself-make yourself up a bowl with the combination of Oreos, mint ice-cream, and caramel and I can guarantee you will be in heaven!}







2 comments: