Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Oreo Truffles





1 package DOUBLE stuff oreos (you need the extra cream to hold the truffle together)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese (room temperature)
Dipping chocolate (white or milk chocolate)

{Yes folks, those are the only ingredients you are going to need!}

In a blender, or food processor (which is my preference...until I get one of those fancy smoothie blenders...sigh...) blend all the oreos until there are no chunks.  The finer the crumbs, the better the truffle.

Set a small amount (about 1/8 cup) of the oreo crumbs to use as garnish for the top of the truffle.  Add the cream cheese and with the back of a spoon, pushing the mixture repeatedly up against the bowl, make sure the cream cheese and oreo crumbs are well combined.

Use a cookie scoop to ball the oreo mixture, and then roll in the palm of your hands.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and then stick the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.

While the balls are in the freezer, melt your dipping chocolate according to the instructions on the package. 

{Make sure your chocolate is cooled before dipping the Oreo balls, or else your chocolate will crack when it hardens}

When the 30 minutes are up, drop one ball at a time into the chocolate and then using a fork fetch it out and place back on the parchment paper (I like to use a fork because then the excess chocolate can fall through the cracks, whereas a spoon you might pull up too much extra chocolate as you spoon the truffle out).  While the chocolate is still soft (and it hardens FAST because the balls just came from the freezer) sprinkle the extra Oreo crumbs on top.

{Enjoy!!}

I dropped these off at a baby shower I was unable to attend and I have never had so many people seek me out to ask how I made them.  I also sent these to work with my hubby and I was basically proposed to by another man...They are that good!

Party Ideas:
-these really are great to serve at any party as a finger-food dessert.  I served them at my husbands graduation party and they were one of the first things gone!
-Baby shower-add food coloring to your white chocolate before dipping to match the theme of the shower.
-Use these as dirt mounds to decorate a "truck or tractor" themed cake.
-Place them on sticks and they suddenly become Oreo pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment