Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Creamy Crockpot Chili



Don't worry I have not forgotten or left you all.  I had a shift of priorities for a short time and am back to bring you this 


{AMAZING, fall, rainy day recipe}

I am cooking this deliciousness in my crockpot, as I type, watching the rain drip down my outside window.  I cannot wait to feed this to the family tonight for dinner.  I have previously made this for a church function and out of over 20 chili's to chose from-mine was the first to go!




Creamy Crockpot Chili:

1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1 small onion
2 bell pepper
1 can diced tomatoes (do NOT drain)
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 8oz package cream cheese (or 1 cup)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or less if you don't like kick to it)
salt and pepper


Chop onion and brown meat with onion in a skillet.  Dice bell peppers.  Open and drain all cans of beans.  Add all ingredients to crockpot and set on low for 4-6 hours.  The chili will seem very dry when you first add all the ingredients together, but don't worry-juices will be produced at it cooks in the crockpot.

The cream cheese really adds an incredible flair-one that I had never tasted before and it makes it the perfect comfort food!  So Yum!!






I hope you enjoy this as much as a do.  Especially on a rainy day like today!


No comments:

Post a Comment