Friday, August 9, 2013

roasted salmon&garden veggies

I am a "grilled salmon snob"-I usually only like salmon if it was cooked up on the grill.  

But then I saw something on Pinterest-of course-that sparked the idea for this amazing and unbelievably healthy salmon and veggies {better than any restaurant} dinner.

And I was totally shocked when my 11 month old devoured the salmon!  {Seriously?  What baby loves fish?}

What made this soo yummy-just as good, if not better than grilled- was the roasting process crisped the outside of the salmon to perfection, leaving the inside moist and fall apart with each bite.  Cooking the salmon together with all of the veggies and spices added so much flavor too, that this is on the list to be had again!

look at these beauties-roasting away


One of the great parts about this dinner is you can use however much "stuff" you would like-as long as it fits in your roasting pan of course.  Use as much salmon and veggies as you'd like, and coat it in however many spices you would like as well.

Ingredients:

Salmon
lemon
bell pepper of any kind
zucchini
red potato
olive oil
salt 
fresh ground pepper
rosemary or dill


Slice your veggies and lemon (saving 1 lemon for zesting).  Toss veggies in olive oil, salt, pepper and spices.  Arrange veggies on your roasting pan (I just used a cookie sheet with sides).  Nestle the salmon in the middle of the veggies and generously season with salt and pepper.  For the remaining touch, squeeze fresh lemon juice of the top of the salmon and veggies, and with the whole lemon left, zest some of the peel over the top of the salmon (the peel will crispen and look black while cooking-but don't worry.  It's what adds some great flavor!)

Place oven rack 4" away from your oven broiler (as picture above).  Turn oven onto broil and broil for 15-20 minutes.  Do not overcook. 







I was so excited to eat dinner that I didn't even take any pictures of the final product!  But, let me tell you, it was A-Mazing!

happy, healthy eating 
xoxo




1 comment:

  1. You should have told me you had more on your blog. Good luck. I want to try the salmon recipe.

    ReplyDelete