Thursday, May 16, 2013

Table Transformation


Moving to an apartment has given me a whole new opportunity to revisit the way I want to style my home.  I had a little bit of difficulty because I was trying to combine furniture from 3 different rooms in my house, into one family room.

{The apartment felt cluttered, and chaotic}.

I loved each and every piece of the "hand-me-down" furniture we owned (as much as you can love hand-me-downs), but when you are combining one room full of yellow's, whites and gray's, with another room of blue's and red's, with neutrals, it was a mess!

My solution came easy while shopping for plants at home depot.  I needed something, ANYTHING in my family room to match.

So I decided to redo my end tables.

Before:
-A yellow end table from my basement family room
-A black end table from my upstairs family room
-Supplies: sand paper, a PURDY brush (I wouldn't use anything else), and paint and primer combo in one (I like my projects to be easy, and to go smooth-I could not do this without the Purdy brush, or the paint-and-primer in one)




With the paint and primer combo, after sanding you put 2 coats of paint on and

{voila}

...you have this beautiful matching furniture.   I feel like we have some consistency now.


After:


I am still looking for the perfect hardware, but for now, this is the closest thing to matching furniture I am ever going to own...at least for a while.







{My Color Choice}






Behr: Blue Fox Paint and Primer  Sheen: Egg Shell

(I feel like the paint chip looked SLIGHTLY darker than the painted color)





Mother's Day flowers, perfect for my new table.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love that paint color! Great job! When are you coming back to Utah so you can help me with my house? ;)

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete