Friday, April 12, 2013

Own It!

Never be afraid to make it your own!  Experiment.  Be daring.  Be brave!  But be ready to make mistakes.  Consider yourself lucky if your creation turns out perfect on the first try!

You would be amazed at the number of paint samples I own, furniture that found a new home, meals that ended up in the garbage, fatigued muscle from arranging and rearranging.  


The little red tick-tock clock

One of my favorite failures was this little red clock.  I found it amongst a pile of junk at a garage sale and ended up having this clock given to me.  For free.  I didn't see the potential of this clock and it sat, brown and dull, on a shelf for a couple of weeks. It sat until my husband and I were making DIY christmas present picture frames (which turned out awesome) and I fell in LOOVE with the red we were using.

I painted the red on, and was not so in love anymore.  And long story short, through a series of FAILED attempts to love this clock, it is now my favorite accent piece in the house and have used it to adorn many areas that I feel are lacking.  This clock has made its way around the house, always being the perfect finishing touch to whatever mood I am trying to create.

Thankfully I am not here to talk about every failure I have ever experienced.  {That would take far too long} But am here to MOTIVATE and INVIGORATE.  The fact you may have failures is a sure sign you are succeeding; it means you are doing which is amongst some of the greatest success. 


What failure has caused you to fall in love?


No comments:

Post a Comment